2015년 6월 18일 목요일
SHELF # 1 .. DISCUSSION ABOUT MEOKBANG
I think over all we should've talk more.
Our idea weren't shared fully.
wasn't really "What is your idea?"
should've "my idea is this, and do you agree with it?".
it would've been more fun to watch.
SHELF # 2 ... Cohabitation Before Marriage
We made a video for second shelf project.
I think we did great job! Interview and prank made video much more fun
2015년 4월 19일 일요일
FACEBOOK CONTROVERSY TALK SHOW
In Facebook, We can observe our society. There is lots of video that people are talking about.
We can simply introduce introduce controversy video in english. This will be interesting way that
introduce real Korean society. Such as.. What is really going on in Korea? What is the big news in Korea? It can give fresh information to foreigners who are interested in Korea.
(KOREAN WAVE DOESN'T REFLECTS KOREAN SOCIETY!!)
2. Show video with subtitle (if it needs it)
3. Host gives a brief information
4. Perspectives from group members / discussion
5. (Optional) International perspectives
It doesn't has to be right or wrong show. Just give simple perspectives to audience.
See how they react or think. It's gonna be fun experiment !
If you want to join, feel free to ask me.
Let's add some details!
2015년 4월 1일 수요일
CC: South Korea: Sex in the Sunset Years - 24 Apr 2014
Podcast documentary that talks about Korean older ages prostitution.
It's a shocking truth in Korea that shows Korea has low-quality of aged men welfare system.
It is dark truth that we all need to know. Also, it needs to be fixed !!
any questions from audio are welcome
(i will add learning point later on)
2015년 3월 20일 금요일
Ode to my father (2014)
<< Contains Spoilers!>>
It is Korean movie and produced by “CJ entertainment”, directing by Je-Kyun Yoon. The story is about one man sacrifices everything for family. It is also story about dispersed family from Korean War. Jung-Min Hwang played main-character who called “Duk-soo”. His acting was very impressive as usual. Basically, the story begins middle of Korean War. Duk-soo and his family tries get away from cannonade. Duk-soo escaped safely with his mother, brother, and sister but lost his father and first sister. Duk-soo felt guilty that it’s his own fault. During growing up he just do anything for his family but sometimes put his self in danger. When Duck-soo finally met his first sister in television show. Everyone in theater was cried. It was also my favorite part. Finale of movie, he cried over his father’s picture. Saying “Dad, It’s been really hard. Did I done enough? I miss you”. I felt really sorry when he said that. Also, explains why this movie is called “ode to my father”. So, the movie wants to talk about how love for a family works. Also how can it goes far? I think nowadays that we don’t really appreciate for our family. I hope that this movie can lead us to better love for family.
Cannonade - N 폭격
Ode - N. 누군가에게 보내는 시
Dispersed Family - N. 이산가족
2015년 3월 12일 목요일
** Be aware there is swears **
* Short description about video
- This drama happened in most recent cycle of America's Next Top Model. It's kind of interesting. There is powerful drama between Denzel and Will but also there is interesting perspective about how Tyra Banks handle this problem. So, you can think about problem of homophobic as well as racism. I think everyone have different perspective about these problems. So, i wanted to share with all of you. How do you think about this video?
Who did wrong? Is Tyra Banks gave right opinion comparing racism and homophobic.
* The reason why i found interesting about this video
- Because i always interested in social problems or cultural problems. I'v been watch many reality show. However i never saw Show that host(or hostess) gave that kind of particular opinion towards to very sensitive object. I agreed about her opinion but you might think differently :)
*Language learning points
- (사회적인)오명 혹은 수치
In the closet
- a term used to describe a homosexual person who has not told anyone of his/her sexual orientation
Be a men about it
- (~대해) 남자다워져라
- (속어) 충격적인 일 혹은 영화,사람등등
- (v) 이기다
- (v) 맹비난하다
A shamed of
check out [Prejudices and discrimination] section !
- What is your opinion about video?
- Is Tyra Banks gave right example towards to homophobe?
- What is your opinion about discrimination?